Herbs are a natural wonder! They are some of the most important plants that exist on this planet. They offer a range of benefits that can be used to prevent, control, and cure illnesses. Some herbs are particularly important and can be used to aid specific organs in the body, whether it be helping to detoxify and cleanse the body part or ensuring that it can work to its maximum potential.
There are also many foods in nature that appear to resemble the organs or body parts that they are beneficial for.
Vision is one of the most important elements in the body. There is a range of herbs that are said to have properties that improve your sight.
Our eyes come under a lot of stress in everyday life! No wonder there are so many vision issues, and it is important to take care of our eyes, as vision is one of the most important senses. There are preventative measures that you can take to protect your eyes, but why not use natural ingredients such as herbs to reinforce and protect the eyes.
- Turmeric: Following studies and research, scientists have found that turmeric applied directly to the eyes can help improve eyesight and vision. This is because turmeric is said to reduce the loss of retinal cells, which in turn reduces the probability of glaucoma.
- Eyebright: Suggested by its name, eyebright is said to be amazing for helping with many issues with the eyes. It is said to help relieve irritation and inflammation of the eyes. It is also said to aid with sun-related damage.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This herb is good for preventing age-related loss of vision. The most common use of this herb is for low-tension glaucoma. It has been used for healing eye-related issues for thousands of years and also helps prevent damage to the optic nerve.
- Carrots: The orange color in this vegetable comes from beta-carotene, a plant chemical that promotes good eye health and protects vision. Our bodies turn beta-carotene to vitamin A which keeps our eyesight healthy and prevents the risk of cataracts.
Another extremely important organ that allows us to breathe. With so much pollution in the world, it is important to aid the lungs and make sure that they work as best as they can.
- Mullein: This herb is important as a remedy for the respiratory system. It can be used to cure various illnesses such as bronchitis and helps to loosen the build-up of mucus. The herb can be used in various ways, one of the most common methods to take this herb is tea, which can help to relieve coughs and other conditions in the lungs.
- Ginseng: Ginseng improves the function of the lungs, by aiding oxygen delivery to the muscles. It is also one of the best remedies to prevent and cure respiratory illnesses such as the common cold.
- Lemongrass: Lemongrass, especially in the form of essential oils is a great remedy for excess mucus and phlegm build-up. It can also help relieve the most serious symptoms of asthma.
- Lungwort: An excellent botanical for respiratory complaints, lungwort lichen helps to clear mucus from the bronchial passages and reduce inflammation. It is a natural antibiotic and helps to clear chest infections like bronchitis, whooping cough, pneumonia, and tuberculosis. The herb is beneficial for those with asthma as well.
⇒ Both mullein and lungwort lichen can be found in my convenient Bronchial Blend Tincture in the Apothecary.
A lot of your immune system lies in your stomach; therefore, it is important to make sure that your gut is protected and functioning well. If you can improve your gut function, you will have more stable and better energy levels and are less likely to get sick.
- Thyme: Thyme is great for the stomach, it has antimicrobial properties which can improve your gut health, ensuring that the bacterium from food is controlled in the intestine. It can also help with any pain in the stomach.
- Oregano: Oregano, especially concentrated in supplements can be wonderful in curing stomach-related issues, it can help to control SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) and otherwise soothe an upset stomach and aid digestion.
- Moringa: Moringa has a ton of benefits for the stomach! Some of these benefits include helping to treat stomach disorders such as constipation, gastritis, and ulcerative colitis. Moringa has high levels of vitamin B, which is important for aiding digestion.
- Ginger: Ginger warms the stomach and is a tonic for the digestive system. It also has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antibacterial properties that aid in healing stomach ailments. Its antioxidant effects have a positive effect on overall stomach health.
Help process all of the waste, which is extremely important to leave your body functioning with the best parts of everything that you consume. If too many toxins build up in the kidneys, you can become susceptible to painful kidney disease and kidney stones.
- Dandelion: Although many people think that dandelions are just a common weed in the yard, they can be used for so many different things, one of the most important benefits of dandelion is its ability to help the kidney filter more effectively and prevent kidney stones.
- Patchouli: Patchouli helps the kidneys to filter toxins more effectively. It is also said to help purify the body and therefore aids in the prevention of kidney stones.
- Ginger: Ginger is another common ingredient that can do wonders for the body. Ginger can help to reduce kidney disease and is used to prevent issues with the kidneys from occurring. It can also reduce kidney damage that has already occurred as a result of an excess of toxins.
- Beans are in the legume family which includes dried lentils and split peas. Recent research shows the benefits of plant-based foods in the kidney diet. Beans are great for people with kidney disease to enjoy.
Your joints are vital, and it is vital to take care of them, to avoid pain and problems with stiffness. If you already suffer from illnesses such as arthritis learn how to ease the pain and lessen the symptoms.
- Birch Leaves: Birch also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help ease stiffness in joints. It is often used to treat arthritis and can be consumed as tea or as a topical medicine.
- Chamomile: Chamomile especially in oil form can greatly reduce stiffness in the body and joints. It can also decrease inflammation of the body, helping to relieve pain in illnesses such as arthritis.
- Basil: Basil has many anti-inflammatory properties that can help to lower the risk of conditions such as arthritis. It can also help to reduce swelling in the body and basil helps to ease the pain.
⇒ The Joint & Movement Salve contains a soothing, anti-inflammatory blend of Arnica, Calendula, and St. John’s Wort for unpleasant joint conditions, including: carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, OA, RA, and knee pain. Check out the Apothecary!
The largest organ in our body that faces the most wear and tear. It is important for health reasons and improves your self-esteem when your skin is supple and glowing. There are many herbs that ensure your skin is in excellent condition. If you suffer from skin conditions or sunburn, there are herbs that can control these problems and rehydrate your skin.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is amazing for your skin. It primarily serves to moisturize and hydrate the skin. It can help various skin conditions such as sunburn, acne, and eczema. It is used to soothe the skin and has cooling properties.
- Lavender: Lavender is a great herb for reducing inflammation in the skin, cleaning the surface of the skin, and helping with any painful parts of the skin. It can also help with scarring and other patches of the skin.
- Echinacea: This herb helps to control bacteria and inflammation of the skin, making it excellent to treat acne and other sores. It can also help with bruising and overall moisturization of the skin. It also has some anti-aging properties which means it can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The brain is an extremely important organ that controls all of the functions of the body, of course, many people try to improve their cognitive function for a variety of reasons. Some herbs can even improve memory.
- Sage: Sage has a ton of helpful properties that help the functioning of the brain. Sage contains many antioxidants which can help with memory and improve the strength of the brain. Some studies even suggest that sage can help in the case of Alzheimer’s disease.
- St John’s Wort: This herb is vital for ensuring that the brain does not use up neurotransmitters that promote feel-good feelings, these neurotransmitters can be used in a more effective way which makes it a natural anti-depressant.
- Ginkgo: is widely touted as a “brain herb.” Some studies show that it does help improve memory in people with dementia.
- Lions Mane: Lion’s mane is said to reduce inflammation in the brain and also reduce the likelihood of Alzheimer’s. It can also boost overall brain function and cognition, making it effective for brain support.
- Rosemary: In ancient Greece and Rome, rosemary was thought to strengthen memory. Researches indicates that inhaling rosemary oil helps prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine, a brain chemical important for thinking, concentration and memory .
- Walnut: One of the most apparent resemblances between food and the human body can be seen in walnuts. The shape of a walnut, along with its many folds and wrinkles, looks uncannily similar to the human brain. And it’s also the most important nut for brain health. Walnuts possess a significantly high concentration of DHA – an omega-3 fatty acid. This fatty acid is extremely helpful in protecting brain health and improving cognitive performance.
The heart is without a doubt the most important organ, that is necessary to protect and ensure that it is healthy. In modern culture, with unhealthy diets and a culture of stress, the heart can become damaged easily.
There is a range of herbs that can improve heart function and reinforce the heart’s strength.
- Cinnamon: Although cinnamon is a super common spice and everyday ingredient, it is packed with benefits. One of these benefits is that is extremely beneficial for the heart, as it is said to reduce the risk of heart disease and reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
- Cayenne: Cayenne can help to lower blood pressure and helps to maintain the blood vessels healthy. Cayenne pepper is also said to increase circulation. All of this is vital to maintaining a healthy, functioning heart.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to protect against heart disease and can help people who suffer from high blood pressure. It can also be used to increase artery flow and circulation.
⇒ To encourage cardiovascular and brain health, we’ve put together a convenient herbal remedy bundle that helps to regulate blood sugar levels, improve brain function, and support heart health.
The liver is another key organ that is vital to processing waste from the body. Especially, when it comes to the consumption of alcohol. Many people damage the liver with excess alcohol consumption, luckily some herbs can start the process of reparation.
- Milk Thistle: This herb is commonly used to help control liver conditions such as alcoholic hepatitis and alcoholic cirrhosis. This can increase liver function and increases the chance of survival for these chronic diseases.
- Green Tea: Green tea can help a lot with the regulation of the liver and means that there is less build-up of lipids in the liver. It is also said to be able to offer protection against liver disease to a certain extent and generally improves overall liver function.
- Licorice: Another common food item, that has some very important benefits! It is said that licorice can reduce liver injury by offering anti-inflammatory properties. It is also said to reduce the effects of liver disease that was caused by other reasons than excessive alcohol consumption.
Heavily linked to the kidneys, the bladder is another vital part of the body to ensure that waste is processed by the body. UTIs can be super painful and if you are prone to them, they can become expensive to treat. This means that you might want to look at herbal alternatives to relieve your pain.
- Arrow Root: This herb is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can help to treat issues in the bladder such as bladder and urinary tract infections.
- Horsetail: Horsetail can help with common ailments such as fluid retention and incontinence. It can also help with the general functioning of the bladder and protect against kidney and bladder stones.
- Barberry Bark: Barberry Bark has powerful antibacterial properties, it is commonly used to control urinary tract infections, it eases inflammation and therefore soothes the pain of these common infections. The berries of this plant can also be used to aid the functioning of the bladder, as they have a diuretic effect that allows the body to flush out bacteria which supports and boosts the overall immune system.
In conclusion, there are a wide variety of herbs that are used to help heal the human body. Many of these herbs can be used for specific body parts and the herbs are used to detoxify and cleanse or soothe illnesses. It is important to gather this knowledge to gain a better understanding of your body and the herbs that you can use to help your body fight diseases and be overall healthier and stronger. These herbs are also natural remedies, which means if you want to avoid common side effects of some regular antibiotics or anti-inflammatories, you can opt for the natural route, using plants in harmony with your body.
You may also like: